- As a user of the Platform, you accept this Policy when you sign up for, access, or use our products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions offered on our Platform and all related sites, applications, and services.
- This Policy is intended to govern the use of the Platform by users. Users reserve the right to exercise their data protection rights as protected under the applicable data protection laws.
- This Policy regulates how personal information will be used by Mizala. To preserve the confidentiality of your data, we maintain the controls in place for privacy.
- We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us by filling in forms on our Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or other means. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Platform or participate in any discussion boards or fora.
- We may receive personal information about you from individuals or corporate entities which are subscribers to or members of, where you are to be designated a user of the Platform. We may receive personal information about you if you use any of the other platforms we operate or the other services we provide from time to time.
- We will use this information as set out below:
- Mizala only stores data for the purpose which it was collected for. The retention period for storage of data is also largely determined by Legal and Regulatory bodies.
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests;
- administer your accounts with us;
- process orders or applications submitted by you;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Platform, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- send you information about our products and services;
- carry out marketing analysis and make general improvements to our Platform;
- obtain your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to allow you to apply for products or services;
- to verify your identity and/or location, in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and personal information;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- Based on the request of Governmental compliance bodies, our regulators, and judicial bodies Mizala may disclose personal information;
- Mizala will also use your information to detect abnormalities or fraudulent activities on our system; and
- We may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you.
- We may contact you with relevant information about the Platform and our other products and services and as may be directed by MizalaTech Staff (Lekki) Cooperative Multipurpose Society Limited (the “Cooperative”). Often the messages will be sent electronically. For some messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you.
Should you be against us reaching you via this means, you will be able to tell us by selecting certain boxes on forms we use when we collect your contact details. It is also possible to change your marketing preferences at any time by simply following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce risks of misuse, loss, unauthorized access. Although no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information. We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Upon receipt of your information, we will implement strict procedures and our security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- The information we collect may be received or transferred out of and stored outside jurisdiction. If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United States or anywhere outside Nigeria, your personal information will be safeguarded by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Appropriate measures such as having Data Processing Agreements with applicable sub-processors and ensuring that such sub-processors have adequate security and data protection procedures in place. If you wish to inquire further about these safeguards used, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this policy.
- The major services available on this Platform are offered by the Cooperative and some other are offered in conjunction with one or more of our business partners
In order for those services to be provided we provide some necessary details about you to the Cooperative or our other business partners. Save for communication to the Cooperative which is the primary reason for the collection of information, we will tell you about this at the point we collect that information on the Platform that we will share the said information. Please note that certain services may be unavailable if you do not want to disclose the personal information you are asked for.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, we may pass your information onto one of our carefully selected business partners or to other carefully selected third parties to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you but only if you have given us permission to do so. You can tell us to stop this at any time by sending an email. Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right to erasure: The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to rectification: The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you or the sale of your personal information for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to object: The right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right to non-discrimination: The right to non-discrimination for exercising your rights as outlined in this policy. This includes, but is not limited to, denying you services, charging you different prices for similar services, or providing a different level or quality of service.
- Right of access and portability: The right to obtain access to your personal information along with certain information, and to receive that personal information in a commonly used format and to have it ported to another data controller.
- Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please use the Contact Us option on our Platform, or call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate address for changes listed on your account statements, records, online or other account materials. You can also speak to a customer representative from the Company.
- Mizala and our third-party service providers may collect and use other information in a variety of ways, including:
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
- Log files/IP addresses: When you visit the Platform our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Platform and to collect demographic information for aggregation purposes.
- Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Platform pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Platform.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Platform function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
- collect statistical information about how you use the Platform so that we can improve the Platform;
- to track how our Platform is used and to improve and update our content;
- so that you will not have to re-enter your details each time you visit the Platform;
- customize elements of the layout and/or content of the Platform for you;
- store your preferences.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies(including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Platform. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Platform and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- To protect personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use.
- The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Some of the pages on our Platform may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Platform. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Mizala.
- This Policy is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Platform. Your use of the Platform following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy. You agree that it is your obligation to visit our Platform from time to time and keep yourself abreast of any change or update that may be made to this Policy, and we are not obligated to notify you of any such change or update.
- If you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy policies, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an email to us at [email protected].